Factors to look out for when selecting a Hosting Provider
In my opinion, the main factors you need to consider are:
By the way, it doesn’t matter if you already have a domain name with other companies. You can always use domains from other companies with any hosting provider.
If you are like me, the cost is a big factor that would affect your decision. Most Hosting Providers give a heavy discount of up to 50% when you signup. In addition to that, the longer the period, the heavier the discount. In some companies, after this initial period has elapsed, the price gets sky rocketed. So keep in mind that you might be paying little in the beginning but could be paying up to 3 times your initial payment for renewals.
In general, I would suggest you go for the middle plan of any hosting provider because they usually have everything you need without any extra unnecessary features.
we are a lot more transparent about the prices. FincoHost hosting plans
are very affordable and there are no hidden charges.
Let’s take a look at the most important features that you need to look out for when choosing a hosting provider.
- Free SSL Certificate: Very convenient. For example, GoDaddy does not provide this for free. You can install it by yourself but it’s just extra work.
- The Control Panel: Generally, you would want to use a Hosting company that provides popular control panels like cPanel or DirectAdmin.
- Free email account: Some Hosting Providers like FincoHost give free email accounts for all plans while some others don’t. So if you need an e-mail account double check if your future Hosting Provider gives it with their Hosting Plans and if not, find out how much it costs.
- Unlimited Storage and Unmetered Bandwidth: Most Hosting Providers in the USA claim to have these features. These features might not be important to a lot of users, but when you host an App or a Website with an increasing number of daily users, then these features would be very important to you.
In terms of performance, you need to aim for providers that have fast server response times because you have no control over this. Something in the range of 0.2 – 0.5s is good. Another important factor is the Page Load time. However, this depends on the website content and nature so you have a bit more control over this.
Also, the data center or server location would impact performance. You generally want to get a Web Hosting provider with servers that are physically closer to your Target users. For example, if your target users are in North America, getting a Hosting Provider with a server in North America will make your website faster in that region compared to others. We are talking about speed difference in Milliseconds, but trust me, it all adds up.
You might be thinking “I will not be needing customer support anytime soon”. But you can be assured that you will be needing support sooner than you think. And there is nothing more frustrating than having to wait hours/days for support and not getting your problem solved at the end of the day.
So how would FincoHost perform?
Now that we know what factors to look out for, let us how it all fits in with FincoHost.
All our Hosting Plans are affordable with no tricky charges. You can get a 1GB SSD space for as low as $1.00
- Free SSL Certificate: All our Hosting Plans come with free SSL certificates
- The Control Panel: Though cPanel is the most popular control panel as of now, we use DirectAdmin as our Control Panel. We find DirectAdmin to be more user-friendly and more customizable.
- Free email account: As I mentioned earlier, all our Hosting Plans come with the ability to create custom email addresses.
- Unlimited Storage and Unmetered Bandwidth: Unfortunately, this plan is not fully available yet but you can contact us if you would like to set up an Unmetered account.
All our servers are fully optimized to serve pages at lightning speed.
I am happy to say that all our support representatives are Webmasters. So you are very likely to have your issues resolved with your first call to support.
Have any comments or questions? Feel free to post them in the comment section below. 🙂
If you run a business (Big or Small) and your business has a website, it is very important for your website to always be accessible and fast. One of the main factors that affects the reliablility of your website is the Web Hosting company the website is hosted on.
In this post, you will learn what exactly to look out for when searching for a good Web Hosting company.